Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day Forty: "Euphoria" (10 February) 54 mi

Got a later start out of Wickenburg. The night before I had dinner with my grandmother at Anita's Cocina down the street. That certainly brought back good memories, hadn't been there in 8 years. I had a headache this morning, a surprising setback. I didn't drink at all last night, no crazy partying in Wickenburg or anything. Probably just from the heat. I decided to skip wearing my black cap and let my hair seep through the helmet vents. Popped some Tylenol then hit the road, and within an hour it was gone. But not only was it gone, my body felt so relaxed. I had a borderline out-of-body experience, it was a weird sensation. Maybe I just had an incredible cadence today, but I felt entirely in-sync and in rhythm. I had total clarity of thought, which is always appreciated. I was in a zone of bliss when I heard shouts from the side of the road. Two fellow tourers! I pulled over for a chat. Lindy and Carolyn were their names, they were westbound as well. We swapped stories, I gave my history and we moved on. I really enjoy running into other cyclists, it reminds me that I'm not the only crazy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment