Sunday, February 1, 2015

Day Thirty-One: "Mexico" (1 February) 85 mi

Had an early leave from Van Horn and very sunny weather. Continued again on interstate 10 as usual and about 30 minutes then I crossed my second time zone into mountain time. I am now two hours behind home. Immediately the mountains seem to get larger and more pronounced though the ascents today were not that bad. I was really captivated by just the sheer size of these mountains. Ironically they were in Mexico which I found out when I was looking at the map. That didn't take away the incredible nature of my surroundings. I got up close and personal with the Mexican border today seen the fence was really incredible. You always hear about in the news, it really is the modern Berlin wall. Now I'm staying on a farm just a half-mile from Mexico. I came across to cyclist going east, Danny and England. They were interesting folks to talk to they offered me some rice cakes which I happily gorged. The host I'm staying with, Craig, put together a terrific dinner which I have provided a picture of and he's also hosting two other cyclists who are a brother and sister Erica and Bill. They are doing the four corners of the United States and had started in Wickenburg Arizona on the first of January.








No comments:

Post a Comment