Monday, February 9, 2015

Day Thirty-Nine: "Nostalgia" (9 February) 77 mi

It was great to be back in Phoenix, a city I called home for two months last summer as I completed my internship with Maricopa County Department of Public Health. I saw Camelback Mountain as I crossed the Rio Salado and themi entered downtown Phoenix which was still adorned with Super Bowl banners and posters. I passed places I went just six months ago, it was surreal. I couldn't comprehend that I was back! I was so excited and tempted to take a rest day to visit friends. But California was on my mind, I declined. I swung by my grandmother's house and to also see her neighbors who cheered me on. Her home had streamers and balloons, it was a joyous reunion. Then we met up in Wickenburg for a lovely dinner at Anita's Cocina, a place I ate 8 years ago. Today will be unforgettable. Phoenix, I'll definitely be back.






No comments:

Post a Comment