Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day Thirty-Three: "Back To School" (3 February) 47 mi

Said goodbye to my host Erica after we shared great conversation over breakfast. It was great to have a local show me around El Paso, which happens to be a really nice city. Today was a short day so I opted for a more scenic route through the Rio Grande Valley (not I-10). Highway 28 took me through wine and pecan country, stunning. Got to the town of La Mesilla for lunch at Emilia's (good call, Erica) and made it for 50 cent tacos Tuesday. Walked around the historic plaza before I went to my hosts near NMSU. They're college students and I went with one, Denali, to a lecture on border violence and globalization. Camilo Perez Bustillo is the professor, very passionate teacher. Stayed 2 hours, great use of my time.








1 comment:

  1. I drove to Las Cruces today and thought, "I hope Kyle got his pic at the New Mexico sign!" Glad you made it...looking forward to your "Welcome to AZ" and "Welcome to CA" sign pics especially. Have a great ride!

    ReplyDelete