Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day Eleven: "Mississippi Mud" (12 January) 63 mi

Mississippi was a terrible state to bike in. I actually don't want to write a post on it because of how horrendous it was. Lois went south to New Orleans and so I was on my own heading to Bogalusa, Louisiana (a border selfie was in store, then). I had heard about dogs chasing cyclists on tour in Mississippi, Steve Garufi mentioned it in a video. It's why I have my pepper spray. But I had never been chased or harassed by so many dogs in my life. Coupled with an overcast sky and drizzle it made for a dreadful day. When I got to the border I celebrated that I was finally out of such a terrible state. It was made all the better by my hosts Robert and Marjine. Very interesting people, fantastic hosts. Robert is a hell of a cook, and he whipped up a splendid dinner and breakfast for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment