Friday, January 9, 2015

Day Four: "Tallahassee Time Traveler" (5 January) 63 mi

Left Tallahassee around 9:30 and headed south towards downtown and the capitol building. The hills were especially difficult (that means you, Meridian Road at I-10). I took a detour past good old Florida State University with my University of Miami bike jersey on (it's all about the U) then grabbed Subway off Pensacola Street before heading west on Highway 20. The scenery changed to rural rather quickly, and I was amongst state forests and rivers again. Lake Talquin seemed to go on forever, never did see the lake. Not much to write about here, just pinewoods. I got to Bristol, Fl which is just on the Apalachicola River (the time zone river). A dog sitting in a nearby business began chasing me, rather aggressive. Had my pepper spray ready but didn't shoot it. Glad I have it though, if anything for the peace of mind. Crossed the time zone and into Blountstown where I met my host David at Pizza Hut. He took me to my accommodation outside of town where I spent the night. A wide trailer with a shower, bed and great CDs to listen to. A 63 mile day, with an hour to spare.

Photos:
An hour behind is an hour to sleep





















Common sign

Somewhere on 20





No comments:

Post a Comment