Monday, January 26, 2015

Day Twenty-Five: "Dead or Alive" (26 January) 58 mi


I really did not want to go on the road this morning. For one it was really cold out and the place I stayed last night was actually really nice for a motel. But I knew that like every day before the first hour was always the hardest. So I muscled through the first hour and sure enough it got much easier as my body warmed up and became acclimated. Soon I was heading on the service road of I 10 and then later went on I 10 if only for short while because again the debris. It was mostly gravel but still it just was annoying to ride on even though the service road was bumpy and rough, but there I didn't have to contend with debris. Moving along along the ranch roads I saw a lot of dead animals, mostly deer. It made me seriously think if I had seen more dead animals that alive animals on this trip. I guess you could say I'm in the sort of death valley really. Just seeing the mangled bodies of deer over and over again you just hope to see something alive, something beautiful like a bunny or something. It was a short day, I'm not going to pretend it wasn't. But when I entered Sonora I gave my typical fist bump in the air. Every day is a victory.








No comments:

Post a Comment