Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day Twelve: "The Haul" (13 January) 91 mi

I embarked on my longest trip of my life: a 91-92 mile ride to Jackson, Louisiana. Left early and again under a cloudy sky. This whole cloudy thing is getting pretty old. Regardless, I trudged on. Didn't take any pictures, no time to smell the roses; today was strictly business. I stopped in Kentwood at a gas station to finish the frittata Robert had made me for breakfast. Made it to Jackson by sunset. 91 miles, and I needed a break. My host Perry offered me a nice home-cooked meal, a shower and a bed. A tenant who was renting out a room had just arrived that night. He was from Jensen Beach, a fellow Treasure Coast native! Worked for FPL and now is a subcontractor working at Big Cajun near New Roads. I wish your son Clayton the best, John!




No comments:

Post a Comment