Thursday, January 15, 2015

Day Thirteen: "Yes, The River Knows" (14 January) 69 mi

Left my splendid host Perry and headed towards Opelousas. Thirteen miles into my ride was when I crossed the mighty Mississippi River. The bridge I crossed at was worth the last two days of mental and emotional hardship and I certainly was emotional crossing it; it is after all the gateway to the west. I rarely experience such a strong reaction to my surroundings, but I succumbed in this case. It was a cold morning, in the 30s, and I had to thaw in a gas station before heading out to cross the bridge. Had a quick Subway lunch in the town of Livonia. Lois had emailed me that we would possibly be meeting up at a Warm Showers host in Opelousas. I ended up meeting her there and we had dinner that night.




No comments:

Post a Comment