Saturday, January 10, 2015

Day Six: "Kindness" (7 January) 0 mi

I spent my sixth day in Niceville staying with my hosts Libby and Howard. I had my own room and bathroom and was treated like family. They were beyond hospitable and just lovely people! My mom's friend Gayle joined us most of our time there and took me to Destin and Seaside (The Truman Show House was one of our visits). It was the day I needed after a 90 mile trek. I hadn't been to Destin in years, and it was not shocked to see how much it had changed (mostly because this has been the trend in Florida). Howard, a Vietnam veteran, had the most incredible stories to tell and seeing how the three interacted with each other truly shows the splendor of friendship.

Inside the store where Truman clapped his hands



No comments:

Post a Comment